Sue M. Paul…
I have spent the last 28 years immersed in the care of older adults. I have paid close attention to how human beings age, where and how diseases take hold, and how to mitigate the decline of independence.
I want to help people thrive. Because that’s what it’s really all about… living a life that is enjoyable, and purposeful, and meaningful. And it’s never too late.
I work with people: people with cognitive and/or physical impairment, families, caregivers, and companies. I provide rehabilitation services, wellness services, consulting, training, and advocacy.
I explore every viable opportunity to age well. I am the owner of Bolder Rehab and Wellness, as well as the sole author of this site.
I can ramble on and on about aging-in-place, design elements and programming for senior living, functional fitness, rehabilitation of the older adult, and any topic related to brain health or cognitive impairment. Got a need, an issue, a challenge, or a hopeless case?
Sue M. Paul Highlights:
- Occupational therapist for nearly 30 years
- Certified Health Coach, American Council on Exercise
- Functional Aging Specialist, FAI (personal trainer for older adults)
- Author, The Dementia Queen (.com)
- Owner, Bolder Rehab and Wellness, LLC
- Founder and Executive Director, SeniorScapes, Inc.
- Appointee, Maryland Virginia I. Jones Council on Alzheimer’s and Related Disorders
- Founding member, Dementia Friendly America, Frederick, MD
- Member, Elder Services Provider Council, Frederick, MD
- Speaker on aging and wellness topics
- Alzheimer’s Association’s Ambassador to Maryland’s Congressional 6th District, 2014-2018
- Certificates and Additional Training:
- LSVT Big Certified
- Functional Nutrition for Rehabilitation Professionals
- Medicinal Cannabis: Alzheimer’s disease
- Exercise for Parkinson’s Training: The Brian Grant Foundation
- Certified Aging in Place Specialist (NAHB) 2014-2018